The Yorkshire Gospel Partnership affirms and proclaims the foundational truths of the historic, orthodox faith as revealed in holy scripture.
We believe in:
1. The inspiration, inerrancy and infallibility of God's word, the Bible, as originally given. The
holy scripture is both vital and clear, and all Christians must submit to its supreme
authority and sufficiency, both individually and corporately, in every matter of belief and
2. The existence of one eternal and immutable God, the Holy Trinity, Creator and Lord of the
universe who, in the unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit – three Persons who
are the same in substance, and equal in power and glory – governs all things according to
his will, and is accomplishing his purposes in the world and in the church.
3. The inherent value of all human beings, made by God in his own image, and their
sinfulness and guilt since the fall of Adam. This has rendered them subject to God's wrath
and condemnation, and has resulted in their alienation from him, from one another and
from his creation.
4. The essential, absolute and eternal deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; his conception by Mary
of the Holy Spirit; his virgin birth; his real but sinless humanity; his voluntary humiliation
and obedience, culminating in his death as a sacrifice for sin; his bodily resurrection from
the dead on the third day; his ascension into heaven; his continuing ministry as Prophet,
Priest and King; and his coming again in power and glory.
5. Salvation from the guilt, penalty and all consequences of sin solely through the work of
Jesus Christ – his perfect obedience, penal substitutionary death, bodily resurrection and
exaltation as Lord. He alone is truly God and truly man, and therefore the only mediator
between God and humanity, uniquely able to save completely those who come to God
through him. There is salvation through no other person, creed, process or power.
6. The justification of sinners entirely through the imputation of Christ’s righteousness to them
and of the guilt and penalty of their sin to him. It is appropriated by grace alone through
faith alone in Christ alone.
7. The necessity and sufficiency of the work of the Holy Spirit for the individual's new birth to
repentance and faith, union with Christ and growth to maturity, and for the church's
continuous renewal in truth, unity, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power and mission.
8. The universal church, the body of which Christ is the head, to which all God's people
belong. Its existence reveals God's ultimate purpose to bring everything together under
Christ. It is made visible both in local congregations and in the wider communion of those
who profess the true faith.* It comprises a people called to declare the praise of the God
who saved them, to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints, and to proclaim the
gracious offer of salvation to those who are lost.
9. The unity of the body of Christ, as expressed within and between local churches by mutual
love, care, encouragement and corporate action. True fellowship between churches exists
only where they are faithful to the apostolic gospel.
10. The personal and visible return in glory of the Lord Jesus Christ, in order to raise the dead
and bring salvation and judgement to final completion. He will grant eternal life to those
who have believed the gospel, and consign those who have not to everlasting punishment
in hell. God will then fully establish his kingdom in new heavens and a new earth, from
which evil and evildoers, suffering and death will be excluded, and in which he will be
* Note: Some members of YGP believe that the visible church comprises baptised professors of the faith and their baptised covenant children.